Application deadlines for class of 2015 (Entering Fall 2013)
Deadline: October 3, 2012, 5:00 PM PT
Notification: December 12, 2012
Deadline: January 9, 2013, 5:00 PM PT
Notification: March 27, 2013
Deadline: April 3, 2013, 5:00 PM PT
Notification: May 15, 2013
* Applications and Letters of Reference are due by 5:00PM, Pacific Time.
Tell us in your own words who you really are. Answer essay questions 1, 2, and one of the three options for essay 3.
- 3 Letters of Reference Are Required: 2 Professional/Workplace References and 1 Peer Reference (You must obtain at least one recommendation from your current direct supervisor.)
- If you are unable to provide a letter from your current direct supervisor, include a brief note of explanation in the Additional Information section of the online application. It is up to you to choose an appropriate replacement.
- College seniors may use a direct supervisor from a summer, part-time or internship experience. Alternatively, you may ask someone who oversaw you in an extracurricular, volunteer, or community activity.
- Your second Professional/Workplace Letter of Reference must come from someone else in a position to evaluate your work- another supervisor, a previous supervisor, a client, etc.
- Strictly academic Letter of Reference generally are less helpful in our evaluation.
Letters of Reference should not exceed 4 pages, double-spaced, using a 12-point font. Recommended fonts are Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman.
For Your 2 Professional/Workplace & Peer recommenders:
1. Please comment on the context of your interaction with the applicant. If applicable, briefly describe the applicant's role in your organization.
2. Please describe a time when the applicant changed your thinking or actions.
3. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.
4. Please make additional statements about the applicant's performance, potential, or personal qualities you believe would be helpful to the MBA Admissions Office.
*All 3 of your recommenders will also be asked to asses you on some competencies and character traits that contribute to successful leadership.
- Reapplicants are evaluated on the merits of the new application and are required to complete and submit an entirely new application, including Letters of Reference, Transcript(s), and Application Form.
- Application requirements, including essay questions, change from year to year. It is important that you use current application requirements.
- The application fee is not waived for reapplicants.
- As long as your test scores (GMAT-GRE and TOEFL-IELTS-PTE) remain valid, you do not need to have them resent from the test centers. However, you do need to self-report them in the application. If your test scores are no longer valid you need to retake them.
MBA Admissions Office
Stanford Graduate School of Business
518 Memorial Way, Stanford, CA 94305-5015
Tel: (650) 723-2766
Web site: http://www.gsb.stanford.edu
Electronic application: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=SU-MBA
Last updated: July 16, 2012