Application Deadlines - Fall 2013
1. Describe how your professional and personal experiences have led you to pursue an MBA at this time. Please share with us your short and long term goals and why the Texas MBA at McCombs is the program best positioned to help you achieve them. (Limit: 900 words)
2. At the McCombs School of Business, we are proud to have an active and diverse student community. What do you consider to be your personal strengths and how have you leveraged them in the past to enrich your work and non-work communities? (Limit: 500 words)
1. If your standardized test scores are low or if you have not had coursework in core business subjects (i.e. calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting), please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum. (Limit: 200 words)
2. Please provide any additional information to the Admissions Committee that you believe is important and/or will address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the committee in considering your application. (Limit: 350 words)
(Word limit not specified)
1. How do you know the applicant?
2. How long have you known the applicant?
3. LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL - Identify specific personal and professional qualities that demonstrate the leadership potential of the applicant and provide detailed examples to support your recommendations.
4. TEAMWORK - Share your observations of the applicant's ability to be an effective team member and provide detailed examples to support your recommendations.
5. AWARENESS - Through your relationship with the applicant, how open and willing has he/she been to solicit and accept feedback? In your experience, has the applicant been able to handle failures/setbacks in a constructive manner?
6. What weaknesses do you think could impact the applicant's future success?
The admissions committee prefers the online form for recommendations. Uploading a letter of recommendation here is optional. Please also complete the form and ratings above.
Re-applicants are required to complete a new application, new essays, a new resume and pay the application fee. Although not required, we suggest you submit new letters of recommendation. Determine if other recommenders may provide a more insightful and thorough perspective. If you choose to use prior recommendations, please use the optional essay to let the admission committee know. Transcripts do not need to be resubmitted unless you have taken additional course work or if you applied more than one year ago.
Consider submitting updated test core if you feel they can be improved. Regardless, as long as your test scores (GMAT/TOEFL) remain valid, you do not need to have them resent from the test centers. However, you do need to self-report them in the application. If your test scores are no longer valid you need to retake them. ETS mandates that GMAT scores are only valid for 5 year after the date the test is taken. For TOEFL scores, this period is two years.
Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC)
2608 Whitis Avenue
Austin, TX 78712
Telephone: (512) 475-7391
Web site: http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu
Electronic application: http://mba.mccombs.utexas.edu/admissions/adm/onlineapp.asp