The IUJ MBA program is designed as a full-time, residential program, 21 months (six terms and a summer internship period) are required for completion of the degree. Previous study at other institutions does not reduce the 21 month residential requirement for the MBA degree. * Summer internship is optional.
Feb 4, 2011 (Fri)
Mar 25, 2011 (Fri)
Mar 8, 2011 (Tue)
Apr 26, 2011 (Tue)
Admission Procedure Deadline
Apr 8, 2011 (Fri)
May 27, 2011 (Fri)
(1) Those who hold, or are about to receive, their bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or
university and who have completed a minimum of sixteen years of formal schooling.
(2) Those who hold a bachelor’s degree in a country where less than 16 years of formal schooling is required
for completion of that degree program and who have one or more years of research experience
subsequent to their bachelor’s degree at an academic institution; minimum age of 22.
(3) In some cases, those who hold a bachelor’s degree from an educational institution in a country where 15
years of formal schooling is required for completion of that degree program but have no research
experience may be regarded as eligible applicants based on their undergraduate performance.
(4) Those who have completed two years of education beyond secondary school (such as junior college or
vocational school), have more than two years of work experience, a minimum age of 22, and submit an
additional essay on the topic of "unique features of my work experience and how they contribute to the
MBA program/E-Business Management Program at IUJ."
The IUJ Admissions Committee considers your essays to be extremely important in the selection process. Please respond
fully and concisely to each question. Please note that a minimum of 400 words is required for each essay with a maximum
of around 500 words.
Required Essay :
Career Plans: Describe your short- and long-term career plans and how an MBA Program with a significant international
emphasis will contribute to the achievement of your career goals. How important is the international management
component of the IUJ program to the realization of those goals?
Additional Essay 1: If applicable
Those who are applying for IUJ under the Minimum Qualifications for Admission category (4) are required to submit an
additional essay on the topic of "unique features of my work experience and how they contribute to the MBA program at
Additional Essay 2: If applicable
If you are a re-applicant, you are required to submit an additional essay on the topic of "How my candidacy has been
improved professionally since I last applied to IUJ."
1. How long have you known the applicant? Please comment on the frequency and context of your interaction.
2. If you have supervised the applicant in a work situation, please describe the applicant’s duties and the scope of his/her
responsibilities and attach a job description if available.
3. What are the applicant’s principal strengths?
4. In what areas is the applicant relatively weak?
MBA Program or E-Business Management Program (Please specify)
Graduate School of International Management
International University of Japan
777 Kokusai-cho, Minami Uonuma-shi, Niigata-ken 949-7277 JAPAN