For Fall 2012 Entry
Deadline: February 20, 2012
Decision: April 6, 2012
Deadline: April 2, 2012
Decision: May 11, 2012
Deadline: June 4, 2012 (for Professionals only)
Decision: June 29, 2012
*Applications submitted after the application deadline will be considered on a rolling basis.
*All materials (including letters of recommendation, test scores, official transcripts, etc.) must be submitted by the deadline at midnight CST, in order for your application to be considered in that round. Please note that the application is on EST. If your supplemental materials are received after the deadline, your application will be considered in the subsequent round. Interviews will be scheduled on an invitation only basis, following the initial review of your application.
All applicants must submit 3 required essays. Re-applicants must submit a 4th required essay. All applicants may submit an optional additional essay if they choose. The essay topics are:
1. Describe your short-term and long-term career goals, and how the MBA will help you achieve those goals. Include in
your discussion: Why is now the appropriate time to pursue an MBA, and why are you interested in obtaining a Rice
MBA? (Maximum 750 words)
2. Describe a time when you successfully transformed an idea into action. How did your leadership and interpersonal
skills contribute to this experience, and how will this experience impact your contribution as a team member at the
Jones School? (Maximum 750 words)
3. Choose ONE of the following four essay topics (maximum 750 words):
(1) Describe a defining moment or event that changed your life. Include its impact on you and how it altered your view of
(2) Describe your perfect day. (Assume you have no restrictions, financial or otherwise.)
(3) If you were given the superpower of your choice, what would it be and why? How would you use your superpower?
(4) What historical event would you like to have witnessed or participated in, and why?
4. Required for re-applicants ONLY: Think about the time that has elapsed since you last applied to the Jones School. What actions have you taken to improve your candidacy? (Maximum 750 words)
5. Optional: You may use this essay to discuss anything else that you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you, or to provide information or clarification on one or more aspects of your application. (Maximum 750 words)
Two letters of recommendation
6100 Main Street
Houston, Texas 77005-1892
Telephone: (713) 348-4918
Electronic application: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=rice