Completed applications for fall enrollment must be received by May 15 (full-time day and part-time evening programs).
Completed applications for spring semester must be received by November 1 (part-time evening program only).
Applications for a fall semester early decision must be received by November 15.
International students are particularly encouraged to submit applications by February 1 to allow sufficient time to obtain proper documents of eligibility and visas.
A personal statement should:
1. Describe the uniqueness of his/her character, abilities, issues of diversity, academic history, community service activities,
and professional experience.
2. Discuss the applicant’s interest in the Howard University MBA program (HUMBA) and how completing the HUMBA
will facilitate realizing his/her dreams and aspirations.
The essay should be no more than three typed, double spaced page in length.
Three letters of recommendation
1. Topics should cover personal integrity; ability to work with others; leadership qualities; oral and
written communication skills; and community involvement.
2. Letters should be completed by a supervisor, a member of academia and someone who can attest to these capabilities.
3. All letters must be in a sealed envelopes and signature of recommender on seal.
4. All evaluation forms and letters of recommendation must be included in your application package.
Office of Graduate Programs
School of Business
2600 6th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20059
Telephone: (202) 806-1725
Electronic application: Not available