*International and U.S. candidates applying to the full-time track can only begin the program in the fall semester (August start).
Please upload an essay of approximately 1,000 words describing your academic and professional background, your career goals, and how the program will help you achieve your goals.
Please upload an essay in which you comment on any item(s) in your application that you think worthy of further explanation. We are most interested in having you address any weaknesses or strengths that bear on your application.
RECOMMENDATIONS (Three letters)
You may choose to upload a letter of recommendation - and/or - answer the questions below. (With limited seating in our classes, submitting your recommendation on-line benefits your applicant.
1. How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant? (150 characters)
2. Has the applicant used his/her abilities and opportunities to the maximum potential? (500 characters)
3. Discuss the applicant's interpersonal skills. Does the applicant work well in a group and assume leadership roles? (300 characters)
4. Describe the applicant's ability to communicate in oral and written form. (400 characters)
5. Describe the applicant's understanding of, background in and commitment to this field. (400 characters)
Director of Admissions
H. John Heinz III College
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue, Hamburg Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15213