Full-Time average 4 trimesters
Part-Time average 6 - 8 trimesters
There are 3 trimesters in an academic year.
-A Bachelor’s degree;
-At least three years work experience;
-A good GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score
-A good TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score if English was not the medium of instruction at tertiary level.
Application for admission AY 2011/2012 opens in October 2010. There are two rounds of application submissions. We encourage you to apply on the first round to enhance your chances of getting admitted into the program.
Round 1: 01 Oct 2011 – 31 Dec 2011
Round 2 : 01 Jan 2012 – 30 Mar 2012ESSAYS
Personal Statement of Objectives and Essays
The Admissions Committee is interested in getting to know you on both a professional and personal level. Please answer the following questions candidly. All applicants are required to complete four essays, with the option of a fifth essay that may be used to support your case for admission into the program.
1. Briefly assess your career progress to date. Elaborate on your future career plans and how pursuing an MBA will help you achieve these. (500 word limit)
2. Answer any ONE of these two questions below. (500 word limit)
(a) Describe one of your most meaningful and rewarding leadership challenges. Reflect on the leadership attributes you aspire to develop through your Nanyang
(b) Discuss how and why a global event that occurred in the past two years has influenced or impacted the way you think about leadership.
3. Describe a time when you failed at what you set out to do. What insights did you obtain from the experience? Did this experience create a paradigm shift in your definition of failure (400 word lmit)
4. Tell us about a time or incident where you had to propel yourself beyond expectations or established norms. Explain why you did it (300 word limit)
5. Optional: Is there any additional information that is critical for the Admissions Committee to know which has not been covered elsewhere in this application? (500 word limit)
1. Social Responsibility: Briefly describe your involvement in any Social Responsibility or Sustainable Development activities (maximum 150 words)
2. Briefly describe your current job responsibilities (maximum 100 words)
Two reference Letters (preferably be your superiors who are in a position to judge your professional/managerial performance)
Referees are requested to enclose the report in an envelope, seal and sign across the envelope seal.
1. How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
4. Please comment on the applicant’s strengths and ability to complete a graduate business programme. Please also add any statements concerning his or her potential for leadership roles in the future.
Application Fee: S$80
Deposit & Enrolment Fee: S$5,000 (Non-refundable and payable upon acceptance of offer of admission).
Programme Fee*: S$55,000 (applies to full time and part time)
* Inclusive of enrolment fee and is subject to annual revision
The Nanyang MBA
Nanyang Business School
Nanyang Technological University
Block S3, B3A-01
Tel: (65) 6790 6183/4835
Fax: (65) 6791 3561