Candidates applying must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university. Additionally, all applicants must complete the GMAT exam. For candidates whose mother tongue is not English and who have not completed their degree in an English speaking country, the TOEFL or IELTS is required. The minimum TOEFL score is 600 (paper based), 250 (computer based) or 100 (internet based). The minimum overall band for the IELTS is 7.0. Additionally, all applicants must have a minimum of two years of work experience following their undergraduate degree.
The application deadline for September admission for international students is March 1st. Completed application forms and all supporting documents must be received by the deadline. International applicants, subject to visa entry requirements, are encouraged to apply early. (Applications for August 2013 will begin on September 1st, 2012.)
Below is the application essays for 2011-2012; new essay questions will be announced in August.
1. Describe a situation where you failed to achieve an objective, and what you learned from it. (Maximum 500 words)
2. Describe an experience where, working in a team as a member or leader, you successfully managed to deal with a challenge posed by the diversity of the group. (Maximum 500 words)
3. As concisely as possible, please explain why you intend on pursuing your MBA studies at this time and how will the Desautels MBA program help you in achieving your professional goals. (Maximum 500 words)
Two letters of reference are required.
Below is the recommendation questions for 2011-2012; new questions will be announced in August.
1. How long have you known the applicant and in what connection?
2. What special qualities does the applicant possess which leads you to support his/her application?
3. Please address the following components of the candidate’s character. Cite specific examples where possible.
a) Intellectual abilities
b) Administrative skills; ability to manage workload.
c) Ability to work effectively with others.
d) Ability to communicate in English in written and oral forms. Applicants are required to take and defend their points of view. Do you believe that the applicant has this ability?
e) Leadership potential.
f) Initiative and follow through.
Tuition (per year): $36, 250 CAD
Masters Programs Office
Desautels Faculty of Management
1001 Sherbrooke Street West, Room 300
Montréal, QC H3A 1G5, Canada
Last updated: July 10, 2012