Prepare a cover letter (up to 500 words) seeking a place in the MIT Sloan MBA Program. Your letter should describe your accomplishments, address any extenuating circumstances that may apply to your application, and confirm to standard business correspondence. Your letter should be addressed to Mr. Rod Garcia, Senior Director of Admissions.
We are interested in learning more about you and how you work, think, and act. For each essay, please provide a brief overview of the situation followed by a detailed description of your response. Please limit the experiences you discuss to those which have occurred in the past three years.
In each of the essays please describe in detail what you thought, felt, said, and did.
- Essay 1: Please describe a time when you had to convince a person or a group of your idea (500 words or fewer, limited to one page)
- Essay 2: Please describe a time when you overcame a personal setback. (500 words or fewer, limited to one page)
Supplemental Information (Optional)
The Admissions Committee invites you to share anything else you would like us or your future classmates to know about you. This may be in written or multimedia format. Please do not use Flash Media Player, and include a URL where it can be accessed online. Written essays should be 300 words or fewer.
applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. Professional recommendations are preferred from individuals who are able to speak with certainty about your professional achievements and potential. Recommenders must submit recommendations online. We do not accept mailed recommendations. Recommendations may be in either letter or short answer format and should not exceed two pages each.
Please choose recommenders who are able to provide specific answers to the following questions:
- How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- How does the applicant stand out from others in a similar capacity?
- Please give an example of the applicant's impact on a person, group, or organization.
- Please give a representative example of how the applicant interacts with other people.
- Which of the applicant's personal or professional characteristics would you change?
- Please tell us anything else you think we should know about this applicant.
For applicants who applied for entry in 2012, we require that you complete and submit an entire new application, including new recommendation letters, essays, and transcripts.
- Reapplicants who created an account last year and submitted an application will need to register with a new email address.
- Applicants who applied for entry prior to 2012 are not considered reapplicants.
MIT Sloan School of Management
MBA Admissions Office
50 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA 02142-1347
Last updated: July 16, 2012