Duke Masters of Management Studies (MMS)
You are required to answer the both essays. Please limit your responses to two pages each using 1.5 line spacing.
1. Students come to Fuqua with a variety of unique passions that they plan on combining with the foundational business skills gained through the MMS program to launch a successful career. What is your passion and how will it influence your short-term and long-term goals after you graduate from the MMS program?
2. A significant part of the MMS experience is honing your ability to work effectively with a diverse team while learning how to hold leadership roles both in and out of the classroom. In a professional, volunteer, or academic setting, describe how you overcame a challenging situation within a team. What role did you play? What was the result? What did you learn about yourself?
Optional Essay (Limit your response to 1 page using 1.5 line spacing)
If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the admissions committee should be aware, please explain them here (e.g. unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, significant weakness in your application).
Re-applicant Essay (Limit your response to 2 pages using 1.5 spacing and a font size no smaller than 10-point)
Describe how you are now a stronger candidate for admission compared to the application you submitted last year.
1. How long have you known the applicant? (25 characters)
2. Please describe the peer group to which you are comparing the applicant. (For example, others whom you know have applied to business schools or those within your organization currently mentored toward leadership positions.) (150 characters)
3. Comment on the applicant's interpersonal skills (effectiveness in establishing and maintaining relationships;working with supervisors, peers, and subordinates; willingness to work in a team environment). (2000 characters)
4. What do you consider the applicant's three primary talents or strengths? Please provide examples, if relevant. (2000 characters)
5. In what areas does the applicant need improvement or growth? If you have had the opportunity to provide the applicant with constructive feedback, please provide specific examples of the feedback and the applicant's response to it. (2000 characters)
6. If you would like to provide any further comments you feel would aid the committee in the evaluation of the applicant please upload your comments via the Additional Information Section.
The Fuqua School of Business
1 Towerview Drive
Durham, NC 27708