INSEAD Global Executive MBA
This Maters-level degree programme takes place on a part-time, modular basis on the INSEAD Asia Campus in Singapore, the Europe Campus in Fontainebleau, France and the Middle East Campus in Abu Dhabi. Your time on these campuses depends on the section you join: The Asia Section (largely weekends), The Europe Section (mainly 1-2 week modules) or the Middle East Section (more but shorter modules). Whichever you choose, you get to sample all three of our campuses. With only 45-60 days needed away from work over a period of 14-17 months, depending on your choice of base campus, the GEMBA is probably the most efficient way to a top business degree.
The Europe Section
Takes place on the Eruope Campus (7 or 8 weeks total), the Asia Campus (3 or 4 weeks total) and the Middle East Campus (1 week)
Starts November 10, 2012 and culminates with graduation in December 2013
Tuition fees: € 95,000 - subject to change (includes academic materials, lunches, computing charges and some INSEAD-organized group dinners; excludes transport, accommodation and individual dinners)
The Asia Section
Takes place on the Asia Campus (2-3 modules and 10 weekend sessions), the Europe Campus (2 or 3 weeks) and the Middle East Campus (1 week)
Starts August 18, 2012 and culminates with graduation in December 2013
Tuition fees: S$145,000 including 7% GST- subject to change (includes academic materials, lunches, computing charges and some INSEAD-organized group dinners; excludes transport, accommodation and individual dinners)
The Middle East Section
Takes place on the Abu Dhabi Campus (6 weeks total), the Asia Campus (3-4 weeks total) and the Europe Campus (2-3 weeks)
Starts October 12, 2012 and culminates with graduation in December 2013
Tuition fees: US$95,000- subject to change (includes academic materials, lunches, computing charges and some INSEAD-organized group dinners; excludes transport, accommodation and individual dinners)
- Leadership potential and professional experience: participants in our current class have an average of 12 years of work experience, with the range being between seven to 18 and at least three years management of teams and/or projects. More important than the length of your experience, however, is the quality of your accomplishments and motivation through career evolution.
- Academic Capacity: a bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised college or university (although in exceptional circumstances, we amy waive this requirement for otherwise outstanding candidates with substantial professional experience). While many of our applicants have advanced degrees, this is not compulsory as we take into consideration professional experience, supported by the GMAT or the INSEAD EMBA Admissions Test (from February 2012).
- All applicants must either take the GMAT or the INSEAD EMBA Admissions Test, both of which provide a uniform and standardized way of evaluating candidates. For the GMAT, we advise candidates to aim for a score at or above the 70-75th percentile for both quantitative and verbal sections of the GMAT. As you will be asked to write seven essays as part of the application, we strongly advise you do not do the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) part as this does not have an effect on the score.
- International outlook: We consider applicants who have lived, worked, studied abroad or who are working for international companies or on an international level with clients, suppliers, etc. Fluent English is a prerequisite at INSEAD. - Ability to contribute to the INSEAD experience: We seeks candidates who demonstrate a clear desire for intellectual growth, both in the classroom and through working on group projects. It is our belief that a substantial part of your INSEAD experience will be shaped by your interaction with your fellow participants and your active participation both inside and outside the classroom.
GEMBA Asia Section (Singapore)
Round 1: January 30, 2012
Round 2: March 19, 2012
Round 3: April 30, 2012
Round 4: June 18, 2012
GEMBA Middle East Section (Abu Dhabi)
Round 1: January 9, 2012
Round 2: March 15, 2012
Round 3: June 14, 2012
Round 4: August 24, 2012
GEMBA Europe Section (France)
Round 1: March 19, 2012
Round 2: May 15, 2012
Round 3: June 25, 2012
Round 4: September 3, 2012
1. Please list academic distinctions, honours and awards.
2 List any distinctions, honours and awards achieved in your extra curricular activities.
3. If you have any disability or illness that we should be aware of, please explain.
1. Please give a detailed description of your job, including nature of work, major responsibilities; and, where relevant, employees under supervision, size of budget, number of clients/products and results achieved. (500 words approximately)
2. Please give your objectives for attending the INSEAD Executive MBA Programme. What would you like to achieve over the next 5 years, and how could the INSEAD Executive MBA contribute to achieving these plans? What are your alternatives to INSEAD? (500 words approximately)
3. Give a candid description of yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses. (500 words approximately)
4. Please describe one of your most enjoyable experiences in life, preferably from your business context. Where did it originate? In retrospect, what did you learn about yourself and about others? (500 words approximately)
5. Please describe a situation, either work or personal, where you faced particular frustration or difficulty. What was the outcome and what did you learn from the experience? (500 words approximately)
6. Tell us about someone who has especially influenced your choices in life. (500 words approximately)
7. What would you say to a foreigner moving to your home country? (500 words approximately)
1. How long have you known the candidate? Describe your relationship with the candidate and their circumstance whereby you met.
2. Please give your answer to each of the following questions. Please provide examples where possible
Comment on the candidate's career progress to date and his/her career orientation.
What do you consider to be the candidate's major strengths? Comment on the factors that distinguish the candidate from other individuals at his/her level.
What do you consider to be the candidate's major weaknesses?
Comment on the candidate's potential for senior management. Do you see him/her as a future leader?
Describe the personality of the candidate, including reference to the characteristics listed in the table above.
* Word limit not specified.
* Two letters of recommendation are required. One of the letters should come from a direct supervisor. The second letter is at your discretion. We prefer that the recommendation comes from the workplace, for example, your current supervisor or manager is usually a good choice. The other recommendation may also be from someone who has had a chance to evaluate you in a professional setting for example, a client, a former supervisor or a colleague from your community service or extracurricular activities. If you have a particularly insightful academic recommendation, please feel free to submit it.
Global Executive MBA Office
Boulevard de Constance
77305 Fontainebleau Cedex
Tel:+33 1 60 72 90 54
Tel:+33 1 60 72 42 97
Abu Dhabi Campus
Global Executive MBA Office
Muroor Road, Street No. 4, P.O Box 48049
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Tel:+971 2 651 5200
Global Executive MBA Office
1 Ayer Rajah Avenue
Tel:+65 6799 5356
Tel:+65 6799 5350
Apply online: http://www.etheryl.net/INSEAD/application/