University of Michigan (Ross) GMBA
Early: October 31, 2012
Standard: November 26, 2012
Extended: January 2, 2013
For February 2013 enrollment only; students are encouraged to apply in the Standard admission period.
Global MBA Class of 2013 Schedule
57 - 66.75 (Minimum 57 required)
Winter 2013 Global MBA Essay Questions
1. Introduce yourself to your future Ross classmates in 100 words or less.
2. Describe your career goals. How will an MBA from Ross help you to achieve those goals? What is your vision for how you can make a unique contribution to the Ross community? (500 word maximum)
3. Describe a time in your career when you were frustrated or disappointed. What did you learn from that experience? (500 word maximum)
4. Select one of the following questions:
• What are you most passionate about? (300 word maximum)
• Describe a personal challenge or obstacle and why you view it as such. How have you dealt with it? What have you learned from it? (300 word maximum)
5. Optional question: Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you to evaluate your candidacy? (500 word maximum)
Two letters of recommendation are required.
(Word limit not specified)
1. Please comment on the context of your interaction with the applicant. If applicable, briefly describe the applicant's role in your organization.
2. How does the candidate's performance compare to other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?
3. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response (more recent examples preferred).
4. Please provide any additional comments about the applicant's performance, potential, or personal qualities you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee.
THE GLOBAL MBA PROGRAM
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
University of Michigan
701 Tappan Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1234 U.S.A.
Last updated: July 16, 2012