Application Deadlines for October 2009 (Class of 2010)
1st round 16 March 2009
2nd round 18 May 2009
3rd round 30 June 2009
4th round 1 September 2009
1. Please give a detailed description of your job, including nature of work, major responsibilities; and, where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, number of clients/products and results achieved. (250 words)
Each essay topic listed below and in the subsequent pages must be answered.
1. Please give your objectives for attending the INSEAD Executive MBA Programme. What would you like to achieve over the next 5 years, and how could the INSEAD Executive MBA contribute to achieving these plans? What are your alternatives to INSEAD? (500 words approx.)
2. Give a candid description of yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses.(500 words approx.)
3. Please describe one of your most enjoyable experiences in life, preferably from your business context. Where did it originate? In retrospect, what did you learn about yourself and about others? (500 words approx.)
4. Please describe a situation, either work or personal, where you faced particular frustration or difficulty. What was the outcome and what did you learn from the experience? (500 words approx.)
5. Tell us about someone who has especially influenced your choices in life. (500 words approx)
6. What would you say to a foreigner moving to your home country? (500 words approx.)
Two Letters of Reference
1. How long have you known the candidate? Define your relationship with the candidate
and the curcumstances whereby you met.
2. Comment on the candidate’s career progress to date and his/her career focus.
3. What do you consider to be the candidate’s major strengths? Comment on the factors that distinguish
the candidate from other individuals at his/her level.
4. What do you consider to be the candidate’s major weaknesses?
5. Comment on the candidate’s potential for senior management. Do you see him/her as a future leader?
6. Describe the candidate as a person. Comment on his/her ability to establish and maintain relationships, sensitivity to others, self-confidence, attitude, etc. Specifically comment on the candidate's behaviour or skills in a group setting/team environment.
Apply On-line: http://www.etheryl.net/INSEAD/application/
INSEAD EMBA Admissions Office,
Boulevard de Constance,
F-77305 Fontainebleau Cedex,
Direct Fax: 33 (0)1 60 74 55 83,