Duke MBA Cross Continent Program
* October 28
* December 7
* February 16
* March 23
* May 1
* June 1
Responses should be no more than 2 pages per question, using 1.5 line spacing and a font size no smaller than 10-point.
1. We find that our students apply to our programs for a variety of personal and professional reasons. What do you hope to gain from The Duke MBA and how will it support you in your personal and professional goals? If you are interested in a specific concentration, please discuss in this essay.
2. A significant amount of the learning takes place through students sharing both inside and outside the classroom. Describe how your overall experience, both personally and professionally, will benefit your classmates.
If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the admission committee should be aware, please explain them here (e.g. unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, significant weakness in your application).
Write an essay describing how you are a stronger candidate for admission compared to your previous year's application.
Two letters of reference (One recommendation must come from your current supervisor)
1. Comment on the applicant's interpersonal skills (effectiveness in establishing and maintaining relationships;working with supervisors, peers, and subordinates; willingness to work in a team environment).
2. What do you consider the applicant’s three primary talents or strengths? Please provide examples, if relevant.
3. In what areas does the applicant need improvement or growth? If you have had the opportunity to provide the applicant with constructive feedback, please provide specific examples of the feedback and the applicant’s response to it.
Optional: Please provide any further comments you feel would aid the committee in the evaluation of the applicant.
The Fuqua School of Business
1 Towerview Drive
Durham, NC 27708-0104
Attn: The Duke MBA–Cross Continent
Web site: http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/duke_mba/cross_continent/
Electronic application: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=fuqua-emba