University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC): Kenan-Flagler
The Admissions Committee meets November through May and manages applications in cycles. Because of heavy demand and our small class size, early application is strongly recommended. Applicants should use the following guidelines in completing the application:
* Requests for admissions decisions before the decision release dates cannot be granted.
1. Essay One (Required)
What are the 2 or 3 strengths or characteristics that have driven your career success thus far? What are the other strengths that you would like to leverage in the future? (500 words maximum)
2. Essay Two (Required)
Please describe your short and long term goals post-MBA. Explain how: your professional experience has shaped these goals; why this career option appeals to you; and how you arrived at the decision that now is the time and the MBA is the appropriate degree. (500 words maximum)
3. Essay Three (Required)
What personal qualities or life experiences distinguish you from other applicants? How do these qualities or experiences equip you to contribute to UNC Kenan-Flagler? (500 words maximum)
4. Essay Four (Optional)
If your standardized test scores are low, or if you have not had coursework in core business subjects (calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting), please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum. (300 words maximum)
5. Essay Five (Optional)
Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? (300 words maximum)
1. How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
2. Describe the applicant’s potential for becoming a responsible and successful manager.
3. What are the applicant’s major strengths?
4. What are the applicant’s most noticeable areas for improvement or growth?
5. Please use the space below to elaborate on the applicant’s qualifications.
6. For each attribute listed in the chart below, please mark an X in the box that best describes how this applicant compares with others you have known during your professional career. Indicate the reference group with whom you are comparing this candidate (for example, other MBA candidates, other employees, other students).
You do not need to submit new essays, but we do recommend that you have another admissions interview.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
MBA Admissions and Student Services Office
Room 2114, McColl Building
Campus Box 3490
Skipper Bowles Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3490 USA
Telephone: (919) 962-3236
Web site: http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/
Electronic application: https://apply.unc.edu/onlapp/welcome.jsp
Last updated: July 16, 2012