Hitotsubashi University (ICS MBA Program)
Application Term: December 1, 2010 - January 17, 2011
Interview Date: February 4, 2011
Admission Decision Date: February 24, 2011
Application Term: February 1, 2011 - March 22, 2011
Interview Date: April 8, 2011
Admission Decision Date: April 20, 2011
The following essay questions will provide the Admissions Committee with more information about you and your reasons for applying to the International Business Strategy Program at Hitotsubashi University. These questions give you the opportunity to present yourself more fully to the committee and provide us with better insights into your candidacy.
Your essays must be typed. Please use A4-size paper or 8 1/2"×11" paper. Limit your responses the maximum number of words designated for each question. Use standard, double-spaced lines.
Your name should appear at the top of each separate sheet of paper. The number of the essay question should precede every essay.
(1) You are who you are through your life experiences. Tell us about yourself, your upbringing, individuals who have had the greatest impact in your life, and events that have influenced who you are. What has become most important to you personally? We want to know you as a person. Looking ahead, what are your future professional goals and your business dreams? What excites you? How has this led to your application to the International Business Strategy Program? We want to know about the career path you have in mind. (maximum 1,000 words)
(2) Successful leaders are able to learn from failure. Describe your biggest non-academic setback, disappointment, or regret to date. What did you learn from that experience? (maximum 300 words)
(3) The mission of the International Business Strategy Program is to develop leaders capable of initiating, implementing, and managing innovation. Describe a specific situation in which you led innovation or change in an organization. Explain the impact this experience had on the organization, as well as on your own values/beliefs. (maximum 300 words)
(4) (OPTIONAL) Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your candidacy? (maximum 300 words)
(5) How did you become interested in the International Business Strategy Program at Hitotsubashi University?
Please identify specific information sources, including publications, the internet, students, faculty, friends, etc.
(This question is for informational purposes only, and your response will have no bearing on your candidacy.)
(1) How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
(2) Please provide a short list of specific activities which demonstrate the applicant’s salient talents and strengths;
e.g., leadership, creativity, etc.
(3) Please discuss observations you have made concerning the applicant’s interpersonal skills.
(4) Please comment on specific ways the applicant could improve professionally.
JPY 535,800 (preliminary estimate)
Payments of each half-year tuition fee in the amount of JPY 267,900 (preliminary estimate)
will be due in October 2009 and April 2010.
Office of Admissions
Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy
National Center of Sciences
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8439
Web site: http://www.ics.hit-u.ac.jp/program/index.html
Electronic application: http://www.ics.hit-u.ac.jp/program/mba_download.php