HBS 2+2 Program
The 2+2 Program is a deferred admission process for rising and current college seniors. It is comprised of two years of professional work experience followed by two years in the HBS MBA Program.
Upon graduating from college, admitted 2+2 students spend two years working in a professional, HBS-approved position in the public, private, or nonprofit sector. The 2+2 Program attracts accomplished college seniors from all fields of study. We encourage students from science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines to apply.
We're looking for innovative thinkers who have demonstrated leadership and analytical skills and want to apply their knowledge and passion to make a difference in the world.
1. If you are in your final year of undergraduate study, you are eligible to apply in the current application cycle. This timing applies to candidates from bachelor degree programs as well as joint bachelor/graduate degree programs.
2. To be considered for admission to the 2+2 Program Class of 2017 (entering Fall 2015), you must be graduating from your college or university between October 1, 2012 and September 30, 2013.
3. To be considered for admission to the 2+2 Program, you must complete the following:
GMAT or GRE taken January 1, 2008, or later (You must take the AWA section of either test and the Integrated Reasoning portion of the GMAT if taken June 5, 2012 or later)
TOEFL or IELTS taken January 1, 2011, or later, if you are an international applicant attending a non-English-speaking undergraduate university
The application deadlines for the MBA Class of 2015 are:
Application Deadline: July 10, 2012
Notification: September 5, 2012
Application Deadline: September 24, 2012
Notification: December 12, 2012
Application Deadline: January 7, 2013
Notification: March 27, 2013
Application Deadline: April 8, 2013
Notification: May 15, 2013
*Given past experience, we anticipate that many candidates will submit their online application materials very close to 12 noon on submission deadline dates.
* We encourage applicants to apply in the first or second round, as space in the class may be limited by the third round.
Limit your responses to the lengths indicated.
Single-space your essays.
Please use Times New Roman font type and 12 pt font size.
Write the question at the top of each essay.
Refrain from using images and/or any other nonstandard English characters in your essays. They may prevent the system from processing your application.
The two questions below are required of all applicants. If applying to a joint degree program, please upload an additional essay in the Joint Degree candidates section below.
1. Tell us about something you did well. (400 words) (upload document)
2. Tell us about something you wish you had done better. (400 words) (upload document)
Two recommendations are required to be submitted online. Recommenders should be individuals who know you well and who can relate specific and relevant details about your abilities and performance. We believe that supervisors from an internship or part-time work experience, professors, advisors, and mentors can all serve as equally good recommenders. The Admissions Board discourages recommendations from peers.
-Please feel free to comment on the ratings you have assigned above. (max. 500 characters)
Please answer the following questions in a separate document and upload that document into the system using the Upload Document button.
- Most recommendations are 1-2 pages in length, but you are welcome to write more if you wish.
- Single-space your responses
- Please include the question or question number in your response.
1. Please comment on the context of your interaction with the applicant. If applicable, briefly describe the applicant's role in your organization. (250 words)
2. How does the candidate's performance compare to other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (250 words)
3. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response. (250 words)
4. Please make additional statements about the applicant's performance, potential, or personal qualities you believe would be helpful to the MBA Admissions Board. (250 words)
Harvard Business School
Soldiers Field Road
Boston, MA 02163
Online application link: https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=hbs-da
Last updated: July 16, 2012