Georgetown University: McDonough
Admissions Deadlines 2012-2013
* Students wishing to be considered for merit-based scholarships should apply no later than Round 2.
* International students are strongly encouraged to apply by Round 2 in order to have sufficient time to secure a student visa.
Essays should be double-spaced using a 12-point font.
Essay One: (answer both part A and part B)
Part A: What is your short-term goal following graduation from the Georgetown McDonough Full-time MBA Program? What skills are you seeking to develop or improve upon in order to reach your goals? (500 words or fewer)
Part B: What is your long-term career goal? (100 words or fewer)
Essay Two: (answer either option A or option B)
Option A: Describe a global business challenge and its relevance to your post-MBA career. (750 words or fewer)
Option B: Describe yourself both personally and professionally and how you will contribute to the Georgetown McDonough community. (750 words or fewer)
Essay Three: What do you want to attend the Georgetown McDonough Full-time MBA Program? Tell us in tweet format*. (140 characters or fewer)*
Optional Essay One: If you are not currently employed full-time, use this essay to provide information about your current activities. (250 words or fewer)
Optional Essay Two: Please provide any information you would like to add to your application that you have not otherwise included. (500 words or fewer)
Re-applicant Essay (required only for re-applicants)
How have you strengthened your candidacy since your last application? We are particularly interested in hearing about how you have grown professionally and personally. (500 words or fewer)
We welcome applicants with a passion for Georgetown and offer an abridged application process for re-applicants who applied in the previous year. We strongly encourage you to highlight the changes in your application since you last applied.
You must submit a new application form, the non-refundable $175 application fee, an updated resume, essays (including the re-applicant essay), and one additional letter of recommendation. An evaluative interview will also be required as part of the re-application process.
Two recommendations are required for the Georgetown MBA application. We are interested in gaining insight from someone who can objectively evaluate your professional performance as well as managerial and leadership potential. We strongly discourage letters from university faculty and family members. A current supervisor is preferred, though not required.
Your response is limited to 750 characters.
1. Describe the applicant's strengths. How does this applicant's professional performance compare with his/her peers?
2. Describe the applicant's main areas in need of development. Provide specific examples.
3. Describe the applicant's interpersonal skills. Is the applicant effective when working on a team?
4. Describe the applicant's professional poise, his/her ability to handle him/herself in a business setting.
5. How does the applicant typically handle him/herself under pressure? Provide a specific example.
6. Additional comments.
Georgetown MBA Admissions
3520 Prospect Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: (202) 687-4200
Web site: http://msb.georgetown.edu
Electronic application: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=gtu-mba
Last updated: July 27, 2012