Chicago EMBA @ Singapore
The format for the program varies according to your campus location; however, the curriculum is the same across the 3 campuses. During the 21-month program, you will take 15 of the 17 courses together with your colleagues at your local campus. Each student then selects two electives to complete the course of study, to be taken with the global class (all 3 campuses) in Chicago.
During four one week international sessions, students from all three campuses meet, take classes, work in study groups, and experience local culture together. There are two sessions in Chicago and one each in London and Singapore.
For your application to be considered complete and reviewed for admission, you must be employed full time. Students are expected to remain employed full time while in the program. The GMAT is not required; however, you are welcome to submit your scores.
Round Submission Deadline
Early Deadline December 1, 2008
First Deadline February 2, 2009
Final Deadline April 1, 2009
Your application must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. (CST/Chicago time) on the day of the deadline in order to be considered for an application round. This includes receipt of all online and mailed-in materials. Applications submitted after a deadline will automatically be considered in the next round as long as all materials are included with the application.
1. Why are you seeking an MBA from the Chicago GSB, what do you hope to experience and contribute, and what are your plans and goals after you receive your degree? (maximum two pages, single spaced, 12pt. Times New Roman)
2. If you could pursue any occupation regardless of education, training, special talent, or expense, what would it be and why? ( maximum two pages, single spaced, 12pt. Times New Roman)
3. OPTIONAL: If there is anything else you would like the admissions committee to know about you, please share that information here. (maximum 1 page, single spaced, 12pt. Times New Roman)
The third essay may include, but is not limited to, information about your participation in any civic, business, professional, or other similar organizations.
1. Please update your professional, academic, and community activities since your previous application and highlight
what you have done to strengthen your application since you last applied
(maximum one page, single spaced, 12pt. Times New Roman)
2. Please provide an example of a time you worked in a challenging group/team situation. What were the challenges?
How did you resolve any conflicts? What was the final outcome?
(maximum two pages, single spaced, 12pt. Times New Roman)
3. Chicago GSB Career Services delivers innovative educational programming, offers one-on-one coaching, provides
numerous networking opportunities, and provides access to job search tools in order to support your own career
management. We would like to learn more about your career strategy and objectives. Please outline your career
objectives, how you hope to achieve them, and what you hope to gain from the MBA to help you achieve them.
(maximum 1 page, single spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman)
4. OPTIONAL: If there is anything else you would like the admissions committee to know about you, please share
that information here. (maximum one page, single spaced, 12pt. Times New Roman)
Please address your letter to the Admissions Committee, Executive MBA Program Asia and include
discussion of the following points:
1.how long and in what capacity you have known the applicant.
2.the applicant’s intellectual strength, judgment, and creativity.
3.the applicant’s ability to work effectively in groups.
4.the applicant’s potential for assuming major management responsibilities any professional limitations or
areas of weakness in the applicant.
The program fees cover tuition, all books and course materials, some meals, and hotel accommodations for 2 residential weeks in Chicago and 1 residential week in London.
Program fees: US $102,000 plus GST (where applicable)
Letter of Company Support
Individual responsibility and commitment are essential elements for participation in the Executive MBA Program. Commitment is also required from your employer. Upon admittance to the program, you will be asked to submit a letter of company support. This letter should attest to the company's willingness to provide you time away from work on class days. It may also include details of financial support, although financial support is not a requirement for the program.
The University of Chicago
Graduate School of Business
101 Penang Road
Telephone: 65 6835 6482
Apply Online: https://admissions.chicagogsb.edu/admissions/AppHome.tap