University of California - Irvine (Merage)
For Fall 2012 Entry
Deadline: April 1, 2012
Note: If you are an international applicant, we encourage you to apply early to allow sufficient time to obtain your student visa.
Two essays and one optional essay
1. Please describe your short-term and long-term career goals and how your current professional experiences relate to
these goals. Explain why you are pursuing an MBA degree at this point in your career. Specifically, how will the
Merage MBA help you accomplish these goals? (maximum 750 words)
2. Short answer (maximum 250 words each).
Please answer both questions.
(1) Describe a recent professional experience in which you have taken an active leadership role and the impact it has
had on your organization.
(2) Each of our students is unique. Describe how your background, skills, and values would contribute to the Merage
community and enhance the experience of your prospective classmates.
3. Optional (maximum 500 words).
Please provide any additional information about yourself that you have not addressed elsewhere which you believe
would be helpful to the Admissions Committee.
Two letters of recommendation
The Paul Merage School of Business
Full-Time MBA Recruitment and Admissions
SB 220, Irvine, CA 92697-3125
Telephone: (949) 824-4622
Electronic application: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=merageuci