Manchester Business School
1 Oct 2012
1 Nov 2012
3 Dec 2012
4 Jan 2013
1 Feb 2013
1 Mar 2013
1 April 2013
1 May 2013
3 Jun 2013*
8 July 2013**
31 Oct 2012
30 Nov 2012
17 Dec 2012
31 Jan 2013
28 Feb 2013
29 Mar 2013
30 April 2013
31 May 2013
17 Jun 2013
31 July 2013
* The final deadline for international non-European Union applicants
** The final deadline for UK and European Union applicants
1.Tell us about your company, your current position and responsibilities. What have been your greatest achievements and contribution to your department/company strategy (quantify if possible)? How do you influence decision making? (350-600 words)
2. Please describe and comment on your career progression to date. Please provide the dates of any promotions and details of any increased responsibility and salary? (350-600 words)
3. Highlight elements of your career that have included the following: (350-600 words)
- Colleague and/or client management
- Financial/budgetary responsibility
- Project management/leadership
- International Exposure
4. What will your post MBA career look like, in 5 years, in 10 years? Which aspects of your previous roles will form the building blocks of your new career and how you will develop the additional skills to shape your ideal role? (250-400 words)
5. Tell us about yourself outside the work environment. What inspires and motivates you? What are the successes and achievements you are most proud of? Tell us about any significant personal involvement in social entrepreneurship. Tell us about your hobbies, sports and social activities. Also tell us about any significant personal challenges you have undertaken or overcome. (350-600 words)
Comments concerning GMAT- optional (200 words maximum)
Comments concerning English language score- optional (200 words maximum)
Comments concerning degree [Bachelor Degree]- optional (200 words maximum)
Comments concerning degree [Postgraduate or Professional Qualification- optional (100 words maximum)
Please list any other professional qualifications you have obtained. Included completion dates and results. (Word limit not specified)
Work Experience/Career History
If you have left the job described above (your current or most recent position), please explain why (200 words maximum)
Why did you leave your previous position? (100 words maximum)
Your other post-graduation positions should be listed on your CV. If you have any gaps in your CV/resume, please explain them here (150 words maximum)
Please complete your career profile in the box below. If you are successfully registered on the MBA programme this profile will be used in a booklet that will be distributed to staff and classmates on arrival. Please do not exceed 5 lines.
Please provide details of how you intend to fund your MBA studies and living expenses (150 words maximum)
You are required to submit two work-related references. We prefer one of your referees to be the person you report to in your current company. If you do not wish to inform your current employer that you are applying for the MBA your can submit references from the previous company. We do not need a reference from your University.
1. How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate?
2. If this is an academic reference, what grade of degree was the candidate awarded? Please indicate position in class.
3. If this is a work related reference, in what position is/was the candidate employed and for how long?
4. Please evaluate the candidate in terms of the qualities below
Intellectual or academic ability
Competence in current position
Oral communication skills
Written communication skills
Initiative/problem solving skills
Candidates's future management potential
5. Please elaborate below or in a separate paper on the evaluation you have given above and provide any additional clarification about the applicant, which you consider would be helpful to the Admissions Committee.
6. What do you consider to be the candidate’s principal strengths/talents?
7. What do you consider to be the candidate’s weaknesses or areas that need improvement?
8. What is your opinion of the candidate’s motivation towards, and suitability for a career in management?
The University of Manchester
Booth Street West
M15 6PB, UK
tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6333
Web site: http://www.mbs.ac.uk/
Electronic application: http://www.mbs.ac.uk/mba/admissions/apply-online.aspx
Last updated: July 10, 2012