York University (Schulich)
Program Start Date
Part-time Keele Campus only
Canada and US Application Deadline
January 7 (early deadline)
April 30 (final deadline)
International Application Deadline
January 7 (early deadline)
February 28 (final deadline)
** Please consider the length of time to be approved a student visa when submitting your application**
* to be considered for the first round of scholarships it is recommended that students submit their application to the program by February 1.
** to be considered for the first round of scholarships, it is recommended that students submit their application to the program as soon as possible.
1. Why is the master’s program a critical next step toward your short-and long-term career goals? (Please limit your answer to 500 words)
2. The Schulich School of Business is Canada’s Global Business School™. Each applicant has a set of unique experiences and perspectives which contribute to the program. How will your background enhance and broaden your learning and that of your classmates in Schulich's diverse environment? (Please limit your answer to 500 words)
3. Complete 2 of the 4 following questions or statements.
(a) If you could change one decision you made in your life, what would it be? How would your life be different today? (Please limit your answer to 250 words)
(b) Describe a situation you have experienced while in a professional/personal setting that you deemed an ethical dilemma. What was your involvement in the situation and how was it resolved? (Please limit your answer to 250 words)
(c) Comment on the barriers you encountered that impacted your team's ability to realize its full potential. (Please limit your answer to 250 words)
(d) Comment on why innovation is critical to success. (Please limit your answer to 250 words)
4. Optional Essay -- For Scholarship and Award consideration
Describe your involvement in activities outside of work. How have they contributed to your personal achievements and enhanced your self-development? (Please limit your answer to 500 words)
5. Optional Essay
Is there any other information or areas of concern in your academic or personal history that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your application? (word limit not specified)
Two letters of recommendation are required.
1. How long and under what circumstances have you known the applicant?
2. What do you consider to be the applicant's strengths, outstanding talent or characteristics?
3. What do you consider the applicant's chief liabilities or weaknesses?
4. How does the applicant interact with others in a team setting? How often do you observe this?
5. How will a graduate education in business management help the applicant further his or her career?
6. Using the chart below, please rate the applicant relative to other students or employees whom you have known in a similar capacity. Please indicate the group (e.g. co-workers, students, etc) with which you are comparing the applicant.
Ability to work with others
7. Please comment on the previous ratings, making any additional statements concerning the applicant's record, potential, interpersonal skills and other personal qualities. (Please limit your answer to 30 lines. Text exceeding this limit will be dropped.)
Student Services and International Relations
Schulich School of Business, Graduate Admissions
4700 Keele Street
North York (Toronto)
Ontario M3J 1P3, Canada
Tel: (416) 736-5059
Fax: (416) 650-8174
Online Application: https://apply.embark.com/mbaedge/york/95/
Last updated: July 3, 2012