University of Michigan: Ross
Round I: October 10, 2012
Round II: January 3, 2013
Round III: March 4, 2013
*Fall enrollment only; all deadlines for the following fall. International students are encouraged to apply in decision Round I or II.
Fall 2013 Full-time MBA Essay Questions
1. Introduce yourself to your future Ross classmates in 100 words or less.
2. Describe your career goals. How will an MBA from Ross help you to achieve those goals? (300 word maximum)
3. Describe a time in your career when you were frustrated or disappointed. What advice would you give to a colleague who was dealing with a similar situation? (500 word maximum)
4. What are you most passionate about and why? How will this passion positively impact Ross? (300 word maximum)
5. Optional question: Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you to evaluate your candidacy? (500 word maximum)
Two letters of recommendation are required.
1. Please comment on the context of your interaction with the applicant. If applicable, briefly describe the applicant's role in your organization.
2. How does the candidate's performance compare to other well-qualified individuals in similar roles?
3. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response (most recent examples preferred).
4. Please provide any additional comments about the applicant's performance, potential, or personal qualities you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee.
If you reapply within one year of your original application, you can submit an abridged application as follows:
Updated resume, new application form, one recommendation letter, and the application fee. The recommendation letter can be from one of your original recommenders, but should be updated to reflect your performance and achievements since your original application.
Detailed cover letter that tells us what you have been doing since you last applied and how your application is stronger. You can use the cover letter to update us on your goals, highlight your accomplishments, and discuss your reasons for seeking an MBA from Ross. This can be uploaded along with your updated resume.
Optional: you may submit one or more of our current essay questions.
Previously submitted information including transcripts, essays, recommendations, GMAT and TOEFL scores will still be on file.
If you reapply after more than one year from your original application, you will need to submit a completely new application, including transcripts, new essays, and two new recommendation letters.
GMAT test scores are valid for five years from the date you took the test to the deadline date when you apply; scores over five years old will not be accepted. If you retake the GMAT or TOEFL, please send us an updated score report.
Stephen M. Ross
School of Business
University of Michigan
701 Tappan Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Telephone: (734) 763-5796
Web site: http://www.bus.umich.edu
Electronic application: https://apply.embark.com/mbaedge/umich/
Last updated: July 26, 2012