-strong bachelor degree; and
-satisfactory GMAT score; and
-minimum two years of full-time work experience after first degree; and
-a good TOEFL or IELTS result if English was not the language of instruction at undergraduate level
(*work experience requirement has been upgraded from one year to two years starting from intake 2009)
The Admissions Committee would like to know more about your interest and motivation in pursuing the HKUST MBA program.
Please complete ALL the essay questions below.
1. Please tell us your motivations to pursue an MBA program, and why is now the best timing to do one.*
2. Please elaborate on your career goals. How will your academic training, professional experience coupled with an MBA education at HKUST help you achieve your goals?*
3. If you were admitted, how could your participation at HKUST MBA enrich fellow students' experience inside or outside classroom?*
4. Please pick and answer ONE of the two topics in the space below.*
State either 4a or 4b at the beginning of your essay.
4a. Describe a situation where your initial attempt to solve a problem failed. Tell us how you get around to finally solve the problem.
4b. Describe a situation where you created opportunities for yourself and led to a favorite outcome.
5. Please pick and answer ONE of the two topics in the space below.*
State either 5a or 5b at the beginning of your essay.
5a. Tell us a situation when you experienced challenges in team setting, and what you have done to help the team achieve its goals.
5b. Describe a situation when you got frustrated over differences in culture or work style. What have you learnt from that experience?
6. Please tell us a situation where you faced an ethical dilemma. How did you handle the situation?*
7. What do you want the Admissions Committee to know about you as a person?*
Two reference forms
1. How long and under what capacity have you known the applicant? (max. 50 words)
3. The Admissions Committee would appreciate any additional statements you may wish to make regarding the applicant’s MBA application. (max. 100 words)
The program fee for the Full-time MBA program intake 2009 is HK$380,000.
Fee for 2010 admissions is currently under review and will be announced in February/March 2010.
The application fee is HK$1000 (~ US$ 129)
HKUST MBA Program Office
HKUST Business School
Room 5601, 5/F, Annex
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2358 7539
Fax: (852) 2705 9596
Electronic application: https://applymba.ust.hk/mba/admission2008/application_index.html