Deadlines for January 2013 Intake (Class of December 2013)
Deadlines for September 2013 Intake (Class of July 2014)
Deadlines for January 2014 Intake (Class of December 2014)
*To be included in a specific round, applications must be complete and submitted by midnight (23.59) Central European Time on the day of deadline.
Questions from the Online Application
1. Academic Background: Please list academic distinctions, honors, and awards.
2. Professional Background: Please explain any gaps of time since you left high school for which you have not accounted.
3. Activities and Interests: List any distinctions, honors and awards achieved through your extra-curricular activities.
4. Supplementary Information: Please give details of physical disabilities which might necessitate special arrangements.
1. Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and, where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, clients/ products and results achieved. (250 words maximum)
2. Please give us a full description of your career since graduating from university. If you were to remain with your present employer, what would be your next step in terms of position? (250 words)
3. If you are currently not working, what are you doing and what do you plan to do until you start the MBA programme? (250 words maximum)
1. Give a candid description of yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors, which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary. (600 words maximum)
2. Describe what you believe to be your two most substantial accomplishments to date, explaining why you view them as such. (400 words approx.)
3. Describe a situation taken from your personal or professional life where you failed. Discuss what you learned. (400 words maximum)
4. a) Discuss your short and long term career goals. (300 words maximum) and
b) How will studying at INSEAD help you achieve your vision? (250 words maximum)
5. Please choose one of the following two essay topics:
a) Have you ever experienced culture shock? What did it mean to you? (250 words approx.), or
b) Describe the ways in which a foreigner in your country might experience culture shock. (250 words maximum)
6. Is there anything that you have not mentioned in the above essays that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? (350 words approx.) This essay is optional.
7. In case of reapplication, please use this page. Your essay should state any new aspects of professional, international, academic, or personal development since your last application. We would also like you to explain your motivation for re-applying to INSEAD. (400 words maximum)
The two recommendation forms should provide us with information about your demonstrated leadership and management potential. For this reason, we prefer that at least one recommendation comes from the workplace for example, your current supervisor or manager is usually a good choice. The other recommendation may also be from someone who has had a chance to evaluate you in a professional setting for example, a client, a former supervisor or a colleague from your community service or extracurricular activities. If you have a particularly insightful academic recommendation, please feel free to submit it. However, it is less likely to address our main interest, which is to assess your ability to work with and manage others as well as your potential for senior management. You will be able to upload a third letter of recommendation through the MBA Application Centre.
(Word limit not specified)
1. How long have you known the candidate? Describe your relationship with the candidate and the circumstances whereby you met.
2. Comment on the candidate’s career progress to date and his/her career orientation.
3. What do you consider to be the candidate’s major strengths? Comment on the factors that distinguish the candidate from other individuals at his/her level.
4. What do you consider to be the candidate’s major weaknesses?
5. Comment on the candidate’s potential for senior management. Do you see him/her as a future leader?
6. Describe the personality of the candidate, including reference to the characteristics listed in the table above. (Organizational skills, inquisitiveness/intellectual curiosity, problem solving skills, creativity & resourcefulness, initiative, motivation & enthusiasm, achievement drive & results orientation, teamwork, communication& interpersonal skills, maturity, personal integrity, cultural sensitivity, charisma, leadership)
INSEAD normally do not encourage applications from previously rejected candidates.
SPECIAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
IBT (internet-based): 105; CBT (computer-based): 260; PBT (paper-based): 620
TOEIC: 950. For TOEIC, you need to submit score results for both parts: Listening & Reading and Speaking & Writing sections,
MBA Admissions Office
Boulevard de Constance
F-77305 Fontainebleau Cedex, France
Europe: +33 (0)1 60 72 40 05 (Andrew Bueno)
Asia: +33 (0)1 60 72 40 05 (Lareina Choong)
Web site: http://www.insead.edu/mba/index.cfm
Electronic application: http://www.insead.edu/mba/admissions/app_online.cfm
Last updated: July 5, 2012