Deadlines for September 2009 intake (Class of July 2010)
Deadlines for January 2010 Intake (Class of December 2010)
1. Please give a detailed description of your job, including nature of work, major responsibilities; and, where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, number of clients/products and results achieved. (250 words)
2. Please give us a full description of your career since graduating from university. If you were to remain with your present employer, what would be your next step in terms of position? (250 words)
1. Give a candid description of yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary. (400 words approx.)
2. Describe what you believe to be your two most substantial accomplishments to date, explaining why you view them as such. (400 words approx.)
3. Describe a situation taken from school, business, civil or military life, where you did not meet your personal objectives, and discuss briefly the effect. (250 words approx.)
4. Discuss your career goals. What skills do you expect to gain from studying at INSEAD and how will they contribute to your professional career. (500 words approx.)
5. Please choose one of the following two essay topics:
a) Have you ever experienced culture shock? What did it mean to you? (250 words approx.), or
b) What would you say to a foreigner moving to your home country? (250 words approx.)
6. Is there anything that you have not mentioned in the above essays that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? (200 words approx.) This essay is optional.
7. In case of reapplication, please use this page. Your essay should state any new aspects of professional, international, academic, or personal development since your last application. We would also like you to explain your motivation for reapplying to INSEAD. This essay should not exceed 400 words.
How long have you known the candidate? Define your relationship with the candidate and the curcumstances whereby you met.
1. Comment on the candidate's career progress to date and his/her career focus.
2. What do you consider to be the candidate's major strengths? Comment on the factors that distinguish the candidate from other individuals at his/her level.
3. What do you consider to be the candidate's major weaknesses?
4. Comment on the candidate's potential for senior management. Do you see him/her as a future leader?
5. Describe the candidate as a person. Comment on his/her ability to establish and maintain relationships, sensitivity to others, self-confidence, attitude, etc. Specifically comment on the candidate's behaviour or skills in a group setting/team environment.
Insead normally do not encourage applications from previously rejected candidates.
MBA Admissions Office
Boulevard de Constance
F-77305 Fontainebleau Cedex, France
Europe: +33 (0)1 60 72 40 05 (Andrew Bueno)
Asia: +33 (0)1 60 72 40 05 (Lareina Choong)
Web site: http://www.insead.edu/mba/index.cfm
Electronic application: http://www.insead.edu/mba/admissions/app_online.cfm
SPECIAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS