UBC International MBA
December 1st, 2008
Program Start: January 2009
1. A four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required (or equivalent, dependent upon country of institution attended). Candidates must attain a minimum overall standing of B+ or better in their undergraduate degree.
2. Candidates with at least two years of work experience will be considered, though preference will be given to those with five or more years of full-time work experience. Current IMBA students have an average of seven years of work experience.
3. Successful applicants must demonstrate managerial and leadership potential, maturity, ambition, drive, and a clear sense of purpose.
4. all participants must be able to speak, comprehend, and write fluently in English. A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 80 (iBT) or IELTS-Academic (overall 6.5) is required for all applicants whose degrees are from an institution in which English was not the primary language of instruction.
Each essay should be no more than 500 words in length.
1.Outline your short-term and long-term objectives, your career progression to date, and how the UBC EMBA will
help you achieve your goals.
2.Why is the UBC EMBA a good fit for you at this point in your career?
1.Discuss what distinctive contribution you will make to the UBC EMBA learning environment. Also explain how you intend to balance the rigor of your academic work load with your professional and personal commitments throughout the program.
2.Describe a specific event from your professional life that demonstrates your leadership style in action. In composing your response, comment on the qualities that you believe an effective leader should have.
Please complete both parts of the question below:
You are one of the organizers of a health conference entitled "Transforming Healthcare".
1. Write a brief overview of the conference (theme, goals, seminar topics, intended audience, etc.) that would be sent to prospective attendees.
2. As part of the official program guide that would be distributed to participants -- write a detailed description of one seminar that would take place at "Transforming Healthcare", including title, potential presenter(s), and topics of discussion.
Two reference Letters
1. How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
2. What do you consider to be the applicant’s strengths and special talents?
3. What are the applicant’s major weaknesses or areas in need of improvement?
4. Comment on the applicant’s interpersonal skills considering general attitude and confidence, ability to work
under stress, and sensitivity to others.
5. How has the applicant demonstrated superior managerial or leadership potential?
6. How would you rate the applicant’s achievements when compared to those of his/her peers?
The current program fee of 238,000 RMB ($30,800 USD) includes tuition fees and shared accommodation costs for the Integrated Core component in Vancouver.
Shanghai UBC IMBA Program Office
Ms.Nancy Hu or Ms. Denise How
Room 211 Antai Building
Antai School of Management
Shanghai Jai Tong University
535 Fahua Zhen Road
Vancouver UBC MBA Program Office
Ms.Teresa Pan or Mr. Arthur Redillas
Henry Angus Building
160 - 2053 Main Mall
Canada V6T 1Z2
Toll Free (Canada & USA): 1-888-988-9895